As a Business Development Representative at Distology, you’ll be at the heart of what we do in the UK IT Channel where you’ll be responsible for building relationships and enabling our channel partners to meet their customers’ cybersecurity challenges with relevant solutions. How? We’ll teach you to be a cybersecurity specialist– one of the most sought-after knowledge sets in the IT market today! – our cybersecurity specialisations span identity management, device, boundaryless network, multi-cloud and cybersecurity operations and we’ll give you the specific technology vendors in your specialisation too; to learn their tech inside out and build your professional network by working closely with their people too.
As for us? Distology is an award-winning, vibrant, enthusiastic, and fast-growing technology company based in Stockport with bold ambitions for growth over the next 3 years.
We specialise in representing new and emerging cloud-based cyber security solutions across EMEA and we’re great at breathing new life into well-established vendors looking to reboot their presence too! We’re a specialist IT distributor with difference – that means we sell cybersecurity solutions to channel partners, who sell them to their customers as part of a solution to an IT challenge. What’s the “difference” – everyone at Distology specialises heavily in a cybersecurity subject and then we use that specialisation to teach our channel partners and support them on calls with their customers where needed so that they’re more successful.
How do we know we’re doing the right things? Led by Role Model & Woman of the Year 2021 (CRN Women in Channel Awards), Hayley Roberts, we’ve also won awards for our outstanding levels of service and support to our channel reseller partners and vendor technology providers, including CRN’s Distributor of the Year 2019, Cloud Distributor of the Year 2020 and CRN’s Women in Channel Gender Parity Award 2020.
Our success is down to the dedicated, passionate, and talented individuals within our team; does that sound like you? We need you to be aligned and engaged with our key values to be successful in this role: positive, innovative, a trusted expert, ambitious and agile in your approach to the role.
Is this role right for you?
Distology now has a fabulous opportunity for you to join our sales team as a Business Development Representative during an exciting period of growth. We are looking for candidates who are looking for a career in sales by delivering a great service for Distology into our channel partners and vendors. As a BDR, you will be responsible for identifying, developing, and expanding relationships with vendors, resellers, and end users.
We invite you now to demonstrate how you embody our company values and how you will work collaboratively within the whole Distology team – that’s sales, marketing, services, operations and finance. And you must want to and be comfortable to work in a fast-paced, varied, and vibrant environment.
What we expect you to do in the role:
- To be motivated in increasing your knowledge of the Distology channel partner base
- Work collaboratively with our marketing team to bring successful incentives to promote your partners drive and our business
- Work with your manager to have clear and concise goals that will allow you to progress and track your personal development, ultimately leading to you hitting your targets
- Creating an exploratory Business development representative role by cold calling to bring new business
- Learn and understand the key vendors in our portfolio to be able to have the technical knowledge
- Scout out prospective new channel partners for the business and create strong bonds for future sales
- Be able to run demos and partner enablement sessions with guidance from the Channel Account Manager team
- Work closely on growing smaller accounts creating account targets
- Proficient in working with partners to raise deal registrations for new opportunities
What we need from you now and throughout your time with us:
- Actively represent Distology each day reflecting the core company values by being agile, a trusted expert, ambitious, innovative, and positive
- Have at least 1 years’ sales and/or business experience
- Have natural rapport building skills
- Have a good understanding of the role of CRM systems (desirably Salesforce.com)
- Maintain the drive and desire to be successful
- Energy, energy, energy!
- Strong organisational skills
- Be a self-starter who can quickly take ownership of the role and with a desire to grow and achieve
- Have a passion to continue to expand your sales knowledge
- Demonstrate passion, enthusiasm, and self-confidence in everything you do
- Be able to work both independently and within a team
- Have an active professional interest in business and cybersecurity technology
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent Communication Skills – including excellent verbal and written English and you must be comfortable at presenting 1:1 and in front of small and large groups of people – it’s part of the day job!
We value our people above everything, so the following really speaks to that:
- Be treated like an intelligent and valued person, whose ideas and passion are welcomed
- An excellent holiday packages
- Investment in your health & wellbeing
- Company bonus scheme.
- Learning & development opportunities – both in sales/account management and technology
- Quarterly company values awards
- Service awards for tenure
We embrace hiring individuals from all backgrounds, because it makes our business stronger, we want to work in an enriched environment, and we want to celebrate everyone that joins our team! Distology will grow and develop with our diverse group of employees. So, if you share in our values then, we would love to hear from you.