Vendor Business Manager (Full-time)
Salary – £27K-30k base + £3K-6k OTE bonus dependant on experience.
As a Vendor Business Manager at Distology you will report into the Alliances Manager and play an important role in developing our vendor technology partnerships. In this varied role, the emphasis is on supporting Distology to manage, report on, and nurture relationships within our key technology vendor partner businesses. To excel in the role, you will be highly organised and structured in your approach to everything, with a keen eye for detail, and you find joy in building business relationships.
As for us? Distology is an award-winning, vibrant, enthusiastic, and fast-growing technology company based in Stockport with bold ambitions for growth over the next 3 years.
We specialise in representing new and emerging cloud-based cyber security solutions across EMEA and we’re great at breathing new life into well-established cybersecurity technology vendors looking to reboot their market presence too! We’re a specialist IT distributor with difference – that means we sell cybersecurity solutions to channel partners, who sell them to their customers as part of a solution to an IT challenge. What’s the “difference”?! – everyone at Distology specialises heavily in a cybersecurity subject and then we use that specialism to teach our channel partners and support them on calls with their customers where needed so that they’re more successful.
How do we know we’re doing the right things? Led by Role Model & Woman of the Year 2021 (CRN Women in Channel Awards), Hayley Roberts, we’ve also won awards for our outstanding levels of service and support to our channel reseller partners and vendor technology providers, including CRN’s Distributor of the Year 2019, Cloud Distributor of the Year 2020, CRN’s Women in Channel Gender Parity Award 2020 and Highly Commended in CRN’s Distributor of the Year 2021 category.
Our success is only down to the dedicated, passionate, and talented people within our team, who each identify with and embody our values – positivity, innovation, trusted expertise, ambition, and agility – in their approach to work every day. Everyone feeds off the energy of working in our fast-paced, varied, and vibrant environment too. We’d love you in this role if this all resonates with you too. What else? Well, this is a part inward, part outward-facing role, so you really need to be comfortable and enjoy getting in front of people - from sales to tech teams, channel management and even C-Level audiences.
Is this role right for you?
You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the IT channel in a sales, alliances or business operations role and you are now looking to take the next step in combining your career skills to support the rapid growth of a vendor portfolio. You will need to be great with people to build close working relationship with those at Distology and within our channel and vendor partners. You will also need to be comfortable with managing upwards to your Alliances Manager and Director, bringing them improvement ideas to deliver exceptional day-to-day service from Distology to our partners. Finally, you will also need to be comfortable in working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving business landscape, as Distology is on a rapid growth path.
As with everyone at Distology, you will embody our company values and will work collaboratively with everyone across the team – that’s sales, marketing, services, operations and finance.
What we expect you to do and achieve in the role:
- Actively represent Distology each day reflecting the core company values by being agile, ambitious, innovative, positive, and a trusted expert.
- Act as a bridge for Distology sales, channel partners and vendors
- Demonstrate a consistent appetite to learn about our technology vendors to support the Alliances Manager growing the business.
- Be a channel expert for our team and our vendor teams.
- Take a project management approach to managing all vendor activities being the central coordination and driving point for them for your focus vendors including marketing, sales activity, operations and presales.
- Understand, track, and present monthly reporting on your vendor & services KPIs, financial performance and opportunity pipeline.
- Contribute to our go-to-market around our technology specialisms by demonstrating sound leadership, including advice and feedback, to our vendors in showing them how to position their technology to get the best results from the channel.
- Support our channel development activities by ensuring the best fit technologies are always proposed to each channel partner and that key channel partner activities are fed back into our vendors.
- Build excellent and close working relationships with our vendor channel management, sales and presales teams.
- Contribute to the relationship building with our services partner network for the vendor portfolio, working closely with our solutions engineering team and our vendors.
- Deliver an exceptional level of vendor success service aiming to delight them in everything you do.
What we need from you now and throughout your time with us:
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, balanced with sound judgement and strong relationship building throughout Distology and our channel & vendor partners.
- Have natural rapport building skills.
- Always take a highly structured, organised and proactive approach to your work.
- Be a self-starter who can quickly take ownership of the role and respond to the needs of the business and the people you work with.
- Continually develop yourself to be a channel expert – demonstrating you understand what works in sales, operations and marketing within our channel partners.
- Show a passion and be proactive in understanding the individual needs of the wider team around you, always taking the most positive interpretation of any situation.
- Be able to work both independently and within a team.
- Have excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
Because we value our people, our benefits are aimed to help us look after you and for you to look after yourself:
- Excellent holiday package including the ability to buy/sell holidays, carry over and accrue with service.
- Health & wellbeing, including health & life assurance and employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Learning & development investment in your personal & professional growth.
- Quarterly business awards for performance including a quarterly incentive event for the winners.
- Flexible working hours
We love to introduce people from all backgrounds to our team because it makes our business stronger through greater diversity of thought and life experience. So, if you share in our values then, we would love to hear from you.
Distology is committed to building a community where everyone belongs, and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Distology is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment opportunities to all.
Distology is an inclusive community, and we know that everyone has their own needs. Therefore, if you have any requirements during the interview process, please let our people team know. Your message will be confidential, and we will be happy to assist you.